Portugal Long Stay Winter 2024
Multi-day Trips / by Air and Land
NOTE: ONLY One-bedroom Garden View and Partial Sea View are now available. Please do NOT book any other type.
Date: Feb 17 - Mar 16, 2024 (29 days/27 nights)
Group size: Approx 40 participants
>>1st option: Enjoy your free time to relax and stay at the hotel and use the hotel's facilities such as the swimming pool... or stroll in Parque Eduardo VII (very close to the hotel)... or enjoy a nice walk at Avenida da Liberdade (very close to the hotel), or enjoy many dining options available around the hotel.
>>2nd option: 4-6.30 PM: Join our guided walk to discover some streets of downtown Lisbon on foot. This walk will take approximately 2.5 hours. Some people can stay longer for dining if they wish.
|The Algarve, Portugal’s southernmost region, is known for its Atlantic beaches and golf resorts. Whitewashed fishing villages on low cliffs overlooking sandy coves were transformed in the 1960s, and now its central coast between Lagos and Faro is lined with villas, hotels, bars, and restaurants.|
Transfer to Faro Airport at 5.00 AM. The ride will take approx. 40 min. The flight departs Faro at 8:35 and Arrives in Toronto at 13:05. Flight# TS233, Duration 8h 30m, Aircraft A330-200
Price & Inclusions
|Accommodation Type||Per person in Double Occupancy||One person in Single Occupancy||Availability|
|One-bedroom Garden View Apartment||$ 3280||$ 4190||AVAILABLE|
|One-bedroom Partial Sea View Apartment||$ 3610||$ 4690||AVAILABLE|
|Two-bedroom Garden View Apartment||$ 3510||-----||SOLD OUT|
|Two-bedroom Partial Sea View Apartment||$ 3870||-----||SOLD OUT|
o Round-trip airfare (Direct Flights on Air Transat, Toronto- Lisbon & Faro-Toronto) - Standard seat
o Airport Transfers
o Housekeeping three times weekly, linens changed once per week, towels twice weekly
o Free internet in your room, the bar, and the reception area
o All Airport taxes
o Add-Ons, and OPTIONAL Tours and activities
|#||PRIVATE TOUR / EXCURSION||PRICE in CA$|
|1||FULL-DAY PRIVATE City Tour of Lisbon||CA$ 130|
|2||FULL-DAY PRIVATE City Tour of Sintra including Admission to Visit Pena Palace, some amazing lookouts, and Cascais (with Lunch)||CA$ 225|
|3||A HALF-DAY PRIVATE TOUR: Loulé Market||CA$ 50|
|4||A FULL-DAY PRIVATE TOUR: BY LAND & BY SEA (HANGING VALLEYS TRAIL + 2 HOURS CRUISE)||CA$ 125|
|5||A FULL-DAY PRIVATE TOUR: "Treasures of the East" (Visit Olhão, Faro, Tavira, including a session of FADO “the traditional Portuguese singing”)||CA$ 120|
Payment & Cancellation Schedules:
* The balance is due (by 1 NOV 2023). You can pay the balance HERE *You will receive a Balance payment Reminder!
* 100% Penalty if canceled between 16 DEC 2023 and the departure date
1) Travel with the group to the resort and make sure everyone has the appropriate room
2) Give a tour of the resort
3) Provide sim cards to those interested
4) Suggest day trips around the Algarve
5) Provide information on nearby shopping, grocery stores, entertainment, restaurants
Max. weight per bag: 23kg (50lb)
Max. linear dimensions per bag: 158 cm (62in)
**We need the following information from each participant. BASED ON PASSPORT DETAILS (before 1 NOV 2023) after making the final payment.
Please email the information to: info@FunTours.ca
LAST NAME // FIRST NAME // MIDDLE NAME // TITLE (Mr. Ms, Mrs...) // GENDER // DATE OF BIRTH
- 1) You will be able to check in online and choose your seats (Aisle/Window) for FREE individually 24 hours before the departure
- 2) If you need to (upgrade your seat/choose in advance to secure your seat), please see the following fees and information.
o If you would like to secure a particular seat early (select/upgrade your seat to Aisle/Window/more Legroom or Exit row), you need to contact us and be ready to pay a non-refundable fee upfront (based on the below table). In this case, we need the following information from you immediately BASED ON PASSPORT DETAILS. LAST NAME // FIRST NAME // MIDDLE NAME // TITLE (Mr. Ms, Mrs...) // GENDER // DATE OF BIRTH. We also need your credit card details to give to Air Transat since they will charge you directly for the seat selection. The seat selection process takes 5-7 business days. Please be patient.
- o A "standard" seat will be assigned for you automatically by Air Transat. But we don't know what seat you will get (Aisle/Middle/Window) until 24 hours before the departure (when you do your online check-in).
- o You will be able to change/upgrade your seats FOR FREE individually 24 hours before the departure (when you do your online check-in). However, there is a chance that you can not find seats with more Legroom or Exit row at that point.
- o The Group seat block is located in the middle to the back of the aircraft typically over the wing. The block does not include any exit row or special request seating.
- o Please note that based on Air Transat policy, if you use the first leg of your flight (YYZ-LIS), the 2nd leg (FAO-YYZ) will be automatically non-refundable. This is the Air Transat rule that applies to all of their European flights.
- o Please note that if you select/upgrade your seat /or/ buy a deviation flight (go earlier or come back later), Air Transat charges us a $100 (non-refundable). This amount will be deducted from your deposit if you decide to cancel your booking.
>> This package has a FIXED Departure Date, FFIXED Return Date, and FIXED Inclusions. *If you would like to extend your stay by going earlier (or) returning later, you need to book your own flight and accommodation and transportation for pre or post-tour. *And if you would like to shorten your stay, we recommend you NOT to purchase this tour since the hotels do NOT accept deviations on group bookings.
>> Airport transfers for the group will be arranged based on the group flight details (above). If your departure or return flight is different, you need to make your own Airport Transfer arrangement.
You will see your tour host "PETER" at Toronto Pearson International Airport, at the departure gate, one hour before the flight. He will travel with you from Toronto. He will be your host during your entire stay.
LISBON: HF Fénix Lisboa (4 Star) - 3 nights
ALGARVE: ALFAGAR VILLAGE (3 Star) - 24 nights
This popular, centrally located resort is set in a protected area of natural beauty made up of 11 hectares of gardens, within the Algarve Region. Enjoy a stunning cliff-top location overlooking the sea, with direct access to Santa Eulalia beach via private steps and just a five-minute drive from Areias de São João’s shopping and entertainment areas. The Alfagar Village is located within the exclusive Balaia area, just 40-minutes from the Faro International Airport.
Private access to Santa Eulalia Beach via path and steps (Praia de Santa Eulália (10 min walk)
2 Outdoor Pools for adults and 1 for Children, sunbeds, parasols, modern Playground, transport to the centre of Albufeira, Bar, Restaurant, Supermarket, Tennis courts, Football, Game room, daytime and evening entertainment, free Wifi in bar...
Clients are free to use all the facilities of Alfagar II Aparthotel (Bars, Restaurants, Swimming pools, Sunbeds, Parasols, Indoor Heated pool, sauna*, Turkish bath*, Fitness room, Supermarket, Tennis courts*, Game Room*, Self-serve Laundry machines*, etc...).
All apartments are composed of a living room with:
Convertible sofa bed for 2 persons
Dining area; Open kitchen (4 electric rings, oven, microwave, electric kettle, toaster, coffee machine, fridge)
All have a balcony or terrace,
Safety deposit box*
Satellite TV (With deposit for remote control at reception)
All the bedrooms have twin beds and a wardrobe;
All one-bedroom apartments have one large bathroom with a hairdryer
A simple internet is free in all apartments. You can pay extra for premium speed: 3€ euro per night per device
Clean & Safe
In tourism, the “Clean & Safe” seal was implemented allowing tourists to have increased security and confidence in the use of accommodation establishments, in the various tourist services, and tourist attractions.
Notes for you to keep in mind during your stay.
o Accommodations: One-bedroom garden view unit with twin beds in bedroom plus a sofa bed in living-room, balcony or terrace, dining area, complete kitchenette including refrigerator, four-electric rings, oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee machine and utensils.
o You will have access to satellite TV, radio, in-room safe box (€40 for 28-day stay, credit card deposit is required), mini-bar, air-conditioning, WiFi, and a bathroom with hairdryer, iron and ironing board. Please bring your own supply of toiletries, we suggest that you consider packing your favourite necessities such as tea towels, face towels, your favourite soap, shampoo etc.
o Amenities & Services: Self-service laundry at €5 for each load wash or dry. Alternatively, public laundromats are available in the centre of Albufeira. There is free access to the indoor heated pool, however, a Turkish bath and sauna is €6 p.p. for 25 minutes of use. Please note a swimming cap is mandatory if you want to use the indoor swimming pool. Beach towels are available at €5 each (€2.50 for a refresh), plus a €20 refundable deposit. The outdoor tennis court is €5 per hour/court, racket hire is €2 each and €1 for balls. Shuttle service to Albufeira (€1 each way).
SUPERMARKET: There is also a supermarket inside the village. Also, an "Intermarche Supermarket" is outside the village 1.3 km = 15 min walk from Alfagar Aparthotel
WATCH THE VIDEOCLIP OF THE RESORT HERE:
5 PRIVATE SIGHTSEEING TOURS THAT WE SUGGEST
|The Algarve is one of the best-kept secrets in Europe known for its spectacular coastline and sandy beaches bound by golden cliffs in small bays and nestling between rocks providing many stunning backdrops for an unforgettable holiday.|
A visit to this beautiful inland town to get involved with the locals at the weekly Markets. Plenty of free time to visit the Moorish castle, and browse around the quaint narrow shopping streets. This is for those who love a bargain!! Portugal is one of the few remaining European countries that still operates functional produce markets. The focal point of Loule is the Arabic-inspired market, with outdoor and indoor stalls selling local produce, fresh fish, and regional handicrafts. The market is surrounded by busy shopping streets and a warren of medieval alleys and beautiful traditional houses that make for a great day out.
The East is still the picturesque side of the Algarve! We start this special day by visiting one of the most ancient towns in the Algarve - OLHÃO. The town is known for its peculiar cubist houses placed in a type of labyrinth. Olhão it’s the heart of Ria Formosa Natural Park. A natural environment highly important to the economy of the town and region. It’s also a fishing village with the second most important fishing harbor of the Algarve. The visit to the markets considered the “ex-libris” of the town is something you cannot miss. Tavira known as the “Venice of the Algarve” has 32 churches and houses with peculiar roofs named “4 águas”. To reach the old town one has to cross the Roman bridge. Tavira’s atmosphere is perfect to invite you to assist a session of FADO “the National Portuguese song” where you will discover the origins and the evolution of this singular song (entrance fee included). At Faro visit the interesting Old part of the town, the Arch of the Villa - one of Faro´s ex-libris, the arch marks the entrance to Vila Adentro (Inner Town), the city’s historic center.
The Algarve is not all golden beaches and sparkling seas – there is much, much more!
Duration: 7 hours
If you want to get closer to nature join us on a walking tour through some of the most beautiful scenery in the Algarve – the 7 hanging valleys trail, followed by a fantastic cruise to visit the famous Benagil grottoes.
Elected as the best hiking trail in Europe by European Best Destinations based on votes from over 28.000 travelers from 153 countries, it is described as “breathtaking & unforgettable”. This scenic route is situated in Carvoeiro area and offers a string of notable stops at Benagil and Carvalho beaches, among others. The walk takes place along the top of coastal cliffs defined by deeply sculpted shapes and beautiful ocher and golden Cliffs. Crowning the cliffs near Praia da Marinha, the dense juniper and mastic undergrowth provides shelter to a variety of animals that include rabbits and several species of birds and butterflies. All this greenery bursts into flower in early spring, making for an especially perfumed and colourful ambiance.
The hike is led by an experienced guide. Moderate/medium-high difficulty; some stretches can be more difficult for the elderly. Length: 5,7 kms; Average Completion Time: up to 3 hours.
Cruising towards Algar Seco and Benagil we will take you into different grottoes, where you will find natural rock formations that have been formed due to the sea and wind erosion to amaze us with their beauty. Don’t forget your camera to capture the beautiful coastal scenery along the way. Don’t miss this magical experience!
** Recommended to bring: **
• Comfortable clothing and hiking shoes, water, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
• This route/activity is moderately arduous. Good physical condition is necessary.
• The boat trips will run throughout the Winter. Please bring a good coat. The average temperature in Algarve is 13*C in February.
** This activity is not recommended for pregnant women/people with heart problems and other sensitive conditions. **
Tour includes a light snack at the end of the walk and 2 hours cruise.
Optional PUBLIC Tours from Algarve
HALF-DAY TOUR: LOULÉ MARKET (ALGARVE REGION)
HALF-DAY TOUR: QUARTEIRA MARKET & VILAMOURA (ALGARVE REGION)
HALF-DAY TOUR: FARO SHOPPING
HALF-DAY TOUR: LAGOS & CAPE ST. VINCENT (ALGARVE REGION)
HALF-DAY TOUR: SILVES & MONCHIQUE (ALGARVE REGION)
FULL-DAY TOUR: HISTORICAL WEST ALGARVE (Silves/Monchique/Lagos/Sagres)
FULL-DAY TOUR: WESTERN ALGARVE (LAGOS & SAGRES)
FULL-DAY TOUR: BEST OF THE EAST ALGARVE
FULL-DAY TOUR: SECRETS OF THE EAST ALGARVE WITH LUNCH (SALT PLAN & OLIVE OIL)
FULL-DAY TOUR: ALGARVE LANDSCAPES & WINERY
FULL-DAY TOUR: FLAVOURS & TRADITIONS OF THE ALGARVE (CORK)
FULL-DAY TOUR: ÉVORA (ALENTEJO REGION)
FULL-DAY TOUR: SEVILLA CITY TOUR & SHOPPING (SPAIN)
FULL-DAY TOUR: GIBRALTAR
- >> Please READ the itinerary and make sure it suits your interests before making any booking
- >> You will be invited to a WhatsApp group chat 2 months before the trip. We believe this is a great way to connect, deliver information and updates in real-time, and distribute photos during our trip.
- >> Regarding roommates: We can introduce you to a prospective roommate to share a room/apartment, but it is ultimately your responsibility to choose the right person to share space during your stay and determine beforehand if you are compatible. Please note that if things don't work out with your roommate and you face any issues during your stay and wish to change your room/apartment, you will have to pay the associated cost.
- >> Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the date of leaving Europe.
- >> Itinerary Changes: The itinerary is subject to change at any time without prior notice due to various circumstances and weather conditions.
- >> We strongly recommend comprehensive Travel Insurance to protect the investment you made on your trip.
- >> Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the date of leaving Europe.