Hiking Portugal 2024
Hiking Tours / by Air and Land
Date: Feb 17 - 27, 2024 (11 days/9 nights)
Group size: Maximum 25 participants
THIS TOUR WILL BE CONDUCTED BY "IAN CLARK", ONE OF THE BEST CANADIAN-AMERICAN HIKE LEADERS, Photographer, Sunset & Waterfall lover, and much more :)
This is Ian's profile in Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/TrailHike-RichmondHill/members/14275143/
>>1st option: Enjoy your free time to relax and stay at the hotel and use the hotel's facilities such as the swimming pool... or stroll in Parque Eduardo VII (very close to the hotel)... or enjoy a nice walk at Avenida da Liberdade (very close to the hotel), or enjoy many dining options available around the hotel.
>>2nd option: 4-6.30 PM: Join our guided walk to discover some streets of downtown Lisbon on foot. This walk will take approximately 2.5 hours. Some people can stay longer for dining if they wish.
|The Algarve, Portugal’s southernmost region, is known for its Atlantic beaches and golf resorts. Whitewashed fishing villages on low cliffs overlooking sandy coves were transformed in the 1960s, and now its central coast between Lagos and Faro is lined with villas, hotels, bars, and restaurants.|
Price & Inclusions
|Accommodation Type||Per person in Double Occupancy||One person in Single Occupancy||Availability|
|Standard Room in Algarve Hotel||$ 3500||$ 4000||Available now|
|Sea View Room in Algarve Hotel||$ 3900||$ 4800||Limited Availability|
o Airport Transfers
o All Airport taxes
o Travel Insurance
* The balance is due 120 days prior to departure (by 15 OCT 2023). You can pay the balance HERE
* If you book after this date, full payment is required at the time of booking.
* 100% Penalty if canceled between 16 DEC 2023 and the departure date
**************** FLIGHT INFORMATION ****************
Direct flights on Air Transat
ONLINE CHECK-IN: You will be able to check in and change/upgrade your seats individually 24 hours before the departure HERE.
Max. weight per bag: 23kg (50lb)
Max. linear dimensions per bag: 158 cm (62in)
**We need the following information from each participant BASED ON PASSPORT DETAILS, after making the final payment. Please email the information to: info@FunTours.ca
LAST NAME // FIRST NAME // MIDDLE NAME // TITLE (Mr. Ms, Mrs...) // GENDER // DATE OF BIRTH
- 1) You will be able to check in online and choose your seats (Aisle/Window) for FREE individually 24 hours before the departure
- 2) If you need to (upgrade your seat/choose in advance to secure your seat), please see the following fees and information.
o If you would like to secure a particular seat early (select/upgrade your seat to Aisle/Window/more Legroom or Exit row), you need to contact us and be ready to pay a non-refundable fee upfront (based on the below table). In this case, we need the following information from you immediately BASED ON PASSPORT DETAILS. LAST NAME // FIRST NAME // MIDDLE NAME // TITLE (Mr. Ms, Mrs...) // GENDER // DATE OF BIRTH. We also need your credit card details to give to Air Transat since they will charge you directly for the seat selection. The seat selection process takes 5-7 business days. Please be patient.
- o A "standard" seat will be assigned for you automatically by Air Transat. But we don't know what seat you will get (Aisle/Middle/Window) until 24 hours before the departure (when you do your online check-in).
- o You will be able to change/upgrade your seats FOR FREE individually 24 hours before the departure (when you do your online check-in). However, there is a chance that you can not find seats with more Legroom or Exit row at that point.
- o The Group seat block is located in the middle to the back of the aircraft typically over the wing. The block does not include any exit row or special request seating.
- o Please note that based on Air Transat policy, if you use the first leg of your flight (YYZ-LIS), the 2nd leg (FAO-YYZ) will be automatically non-refundable. This is the Air Transat rule that applies to all of their European flights.
- o Please note that if you select/upgrade your seat /or/ buy a deviation flight (go earlier or come back later), Air Transat charges us a $100 (non-refundable). This amount will be deducted from your deposit if you decide to cancel your booking.
>> This package has a FIXED Departure Date, FFIXED Return Date, and FIXED Inclusions. *If you would like to extend your stay by going earlier (or) returning later, you need to book your own flight and accommodation and transportation for pre or post-tour. *And if you would like to shorten your stay, we recommend you NOT to purchase this tour since the hotels do NOT accept deviations on group bookings.
>> Airport transfers for the group will be arranged based on the group flight details (above). If your departure or return flight is different, you need to make your own Airport Transfer arrangement.
|SIGHTSEEING AND HIKING TOURS IN AND FROM LISBON|
|SIGHTSEEING AND HIKING TOURS IN THE ALGARVE REGION|
The Algarve is not all golden beaches and sparkling seas – there is much, much more!
Duration: 7 hours
If you want to get closer to nature join us on a walking tour through some of the most beautiful scenery in the Algarve – the 7 hanging valleys trail, followed by a fantastic cruise to visit the famous Benagil grottoes.
Elected as the best hiking trail in Europe by European Best Destinations based on votes from over 28.000 travelers from 153 countries, it is described as “breathtaking & unforgettable”. This scenic route is situated in Carvoeiro area and offers a string of notable stops at Benagil and Carvalho beaches, among others. The walk takes place along the top of coastal cliffs defined by deeply sculpted shapes and beautiful ocher and golden Cliffs. Crowning the cliffs near Praia da Marinha, the dense juniper and mastic undergrowth provides shelter to a variety of animals that include rabbits and several species of birds and butterflies. All this greenery bursts into flower in early spring, making for an especially perfumed and colourful ambiance.
The hike is led by an experienced guide. Moderate/medium-high difficulty; some stretches can be more difficult for the elderly. Length: 5,7 kms; Average Completion Time: up to 3 hours.
Our next Experience is the visit to the beautiful grottoes of the Algarve in our comfortable boats! We depart from Ferragudo and cruise at ease towards the east to Carvoeiro, passing by beautiful secluded beaches. Relax and enjoy the beautiful coastal scenery along the way…
Cruising towards Algar Seco and Benagil we will take you into different grottoes, where you will find natural rock formations that have been formed due to the sea and wind erosion to amaze us with their beauty. Don’t forget your camera to capture the beautiful coastal scenery along the way. Don’t miss this magical experience!
** Recommended to bring: **
• Comfortable clothing and hiking shoes, water, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
• This route/activity is moderately arduous. Good physical condition is necessary.
• The boat trips will run throughout the Winter. Please bring a good coat. The average temperature in Algarve is 13*C in February.
** This activity is not recommended for pregnant women/people with heart problems and other sensitive conditions. **
Tour includes a light snack at the end of the walk and 2 hours cruise.
LISBON: HF Fénix Lisboa (4 Star) - 3 nights
ALGARVE: Hotel PortoBay Falésia (4 Star) - 6 nights
* Optional Tours from the Algarve
Your package already includes many private group tours that cover the best things to do in the Algarve. However, you have 1 FREE day in your itinerary you may be interested in discovering more of the destination.
>> Please READ the itinerary and make sure it suits your interests/physical ability before making any booking
>> Level of difficulty: THIS TOUR IS ONLY FOR INTERMEDIATE HIKERS. The hikes are 2-4 hours, and some of them are challenging.
>> You will be invited to a WhatsApp group chat 2 months before the trip. We believe this is a great way to connect, deliver information and updates in real-time, and distribute photos during our trip.
>> Regarding roommates: We can introduce you to a prospective roommate to share a room, but it is ultimately your responsibility to choose the right person to share space during your stay and determine beforehand if you are compatible. Please note that if things don't work out with your roommate and you face any issues during your stay and wish to change your room, you will have to pay the associated cost.
>> Itinerary Changes: The itinerary is subject to change at any time without prior notice due to various circumstances and weather conditions.
>> We strongly recommend comprehensive Travel Insurance to protect the investment you made on your trip.
- >> Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the date of leaving Europe.