Discover the Grotto - Bruce Peninsula National Park
TOUR'S DURATION: about 14 hours
Next Departure Date: SAT 27 August 2022
3 Pick-up locations: Scarborough, York Mills & Mississauga
Group size: Maximum 55 participants
NOTE: There will NOT be any physical distancing on the bus.
The Grotto, in Bruce Peninsula National Park, is one of the top tourist attractions in Ontario. A shoreline sea cave with beautiful blue waters, the Grotto is a unique natural wonder and memorable place to experience. The beautiful Bruce Peninsula offers visitors miles of majestic shoreline, clear-blue waters, amazing coves, sandy beaches, limestone cliffs, quiet wooded trails, and nearly endless, extraordinary scenery.
**************** ITINERARY ****************
7:00 AM: Our 1st Pick-up location: Scarborough Town Centre. Please arrive 15 min before the departure time.
7:30 AM: Our 2nd pick-up location is: York Mills station (4025 Yonge Street).
8:00 AM: Our 3rd pick-up location is: 30 Courtney Park Drive East, Mississauga. See the below details for pick-ups.
Drive towards the Bruce Peninsula National Park (220 Km = 3 hours)
9:00-9:30 AM: We will have a short coffee/washroom stop on the way.
11:00 - 12:00 PM: Enjoy a delicious lunch at Stone Tree Restaurant in Owen Sound.
1:30 - 5:00 PM: enjoy hiking the Georgian Bay Trail and the Indian Head Cove and visit the Grotto Caves at the Bruce Peninsula National Park. You can also use your free time to enjoy Swimming, Snorkeling, or hiking... (bring your own equipment if you're interested).
Carved over thousands of years by the waves and ice of Georgian Bay, the iconic Grotto in Bruce Peninsula National Park is a must-see attraction. You will view the Grotto and experience the beautiful Georgian Bay shoreline. Beautiful nature, water is super clean, and just gorgeous for photos.
NOTE: This is a fully guided walk. You will walk 30 minutes each way on the trail from the parking lot to the "Indian Head Cove", which will be an easy walk. BUT there is also a 5-min advance hike from the "Indian Head Cove" to "the Grotto Cave" on slippery rocks. You will need an advanced level of fitness and mobility to do this part. Otherwise, you need to skip this part
6:00 – 6:30 PM: We will have a stop on the way for dinner/coffee/washroom (near Wiarton, ON).
6:30 PM: Drive back to Toronto - (190 km = about 2.5 hrs).
9.00 PM: drop-off @ Mississauga
9.30 PM: drop-off @ York Mills Station
10.00 PM: drop-off @ Scarborough Town Centre
The drop-off times are all approximate, and subject to change based on the Traffic.
Price & Inclusions
Adult/Child: $169 + 13% HST = $190.97
**All prices are per person, in Canadian dollars.
**Children 8+ are welcome on this tour, the same price as adults.
• Round trip transportation on a Highway coach
• A delicious lunch at Stone Tree Restaurant
• A guided visit to the Indian Head Cove and the Grotto at the Bruce Peninsula National Park
• All admissions
• Accompanying Tour Director
• All gratuities
Lunch Menu: Garden Salad + Grilled chicken/ Fish + potato and vegetables + Tea or Coffee or pop
*** Vegetarian option is "Veggie Burger Sandwich"
What’s NOT included:
• Breakfast and dinner
• Water and snacks
* End Plastic Pollution: we will no longer offer single-use plastic water bottles on our tours since many of them end up in our landfills, lakes, oceans, and rivers. We encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle.
Cancellations & Refunds
- * 100% Full refund if you cancel at least 15 days before the trip departure date.
- * 14-8 days prior to departure - pay a penalty equal to 50% of the total purchase amount.
- * Within 7 days of departure - fully non-refundable - pay a penalty equal to 100% of the total purchase amount.
- * In the event that a tour is canceled, the liability of FunTours.ca will be limited to providing a full refund of the original trip price.
PARKING / PICK- UP Location
1st pick-up location: Scarborough Town Centre. - The address is (300 Borough Dr, Scarborough, ON M1P 4P5).
The bus stops directly outside the Cineplex movie theatres at the Scarborough Town Centre. This pickup location is suitable for day trips. IF YOU NEED TO PARK YOUR CAR: Park anywhere near the movie theatres. Free parking all day. Cars cannot be left overnight after 2 AM.
2nd pick-up location: York Mills Station (Yonge/York Mills) - Address: 4025 Yonge St North York, ON M2P 2E3.
The bus will stop on Yonge St. This is the York Mills Centre office building on the North-East corner of Yonge St. & York Mills Rd. The York Mills subway station is in the basement of this building. If it is raining or snowing, you are welcome to wait in the lobby of the office tower until you see the bus stop in front of the building. TO PARK YOUR CAR: Only for day trips, you can park your car in a parking lot located at 3885 Yonge St, Toronto. This is about a 5-minute walk from the pick-up location. This is a pay-and-display parking lot. Covered parking is also available for day trips only in the parking garage at the York Mills Centre at 4025 Yonge St. The parking cost is $20 per day (2020 rates). Click here to see on map
3rd pick-up location: Mississauga.- The address of the plaza is (30 Courtneypark Dr E Mississauga, ON L5T 2Y3).
The bus will stop outside the plaza, right in front of the McDonalds- on Hurontario. You can wait in the Mcdonald's until the bus arrives. The bus will be visible through the restaurant windows. Cars can be parked for the day in the plaza parking lot. Parking is free.
NOTE about "How to get to York Mills Station" and TTC SUBWAY Operation
* The TTC subway will open @ 6.00 AM on Saturdays and 8.00 AM on Sundays. Therefore, You can use the subway ONLY if your pick-up time is within these hours. Otherwise, you will have the following options for getting to York Mills Station:
1) By your own car: Only for day trips, you can park your car in a parking lot located at 3885 Yonge St, Toronto. This is about a 5-minute walk from the pick-up location. This is a pay-and-display parking lot.
Covered parking is also available for day trips only in the parking garage at the York Mills Centre at 4025 Yonge St. The parking cost is $20 per day (2020 rates).
2) UBER: to get an uber, enter this address as your destination: York Mills Centre 4025 Yonge St, North York, ON M2P 2E3.
Bruce Peninsula National Park is one of the top tourist attractions in Ontario. A shoreline sea cave with beautiful blue waters, the Grotto is a unique natural wonder and memorable place to experience. The beautiful Bruce Peninsula offers visitors miles of majestic shoreline, clear-blue waters, amazing coves, sandy beaches, limestone cliffs, quiet wooded trails, and nearly endless, extraordinary scenery. In fact, its grotto has been included in a list of 11 Most Breathtaking Blue Grottos and Sea Caves In The World for its crystal clear waters and enchanting play of colour. The cave itself is stunning, carved from ancient limestone and filled with the crystal clear, pristine turquoise water of Georgian Bay. You can walk along a ledge inside its cavity or, if you're brave enough, even take a swim inside!
Georgian Bay Trail
The hike through the park to reach the Grotto in Tobermory takes about 35 minutes each way; along the way, you'll see diverse wetlands, ancient cedar trees spiraling from cliff edges, and a multitude of orchids and ferns, birds, and so much more!
Indian Head Cove
Indian Head Cove is a scenic inlet located next to the Grotto which is a cave with a natural pool of clear blue water. These two popular attractions are located along the Georgian Bay shoreline in Bruce Peninsula National Park and are reached by hiking about a half-hour from Cyprus Lake.
Stone Tree Restaurant
Located just outside of Owen Sound on the beautiful escarpment, Stone Tree is the place to unwind and relax
- ** Our tours are in the ENGLISH language only.
- ** You can bring your bathing clothes and towel in case you want to swim. Also, please be informed all risks and responsibilities involved in swimming/hiking and personal activities in this trip are waved by Toronto Fun Tours.
- ** This tour is considered a medium activity. The hike lasts approximately 1 hour. Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- ** Washrooms are available at the Head of Trails and also at the shoreline. There is no designated change room.
- ** Appropriate footwear “sturdy walking /hiking shoes” and clothing (based on the weather) are highly recommended.
- ** We pre-assign seats based on first paid first served. In case you and your companion booked/paid separately, to be seated together, please let us know at the time of your booking. If you forgot to do so, please send an email to: email@example.com after making the booking.
- ** Please make sure you study this page before making any booking: Traveling during COVID-19 page
- ** Itinerary Changes: We reserve the right to make time or itinerary changes, if necessary.
- ** No ice cream allowed on our buses!
************* NOTIFICATIONS ABOUT GROUP TRAVEL *************
Reasonable Level of Fitness: In order to get the most from your travels and keep up with the group, a reasonable level of fitness is required. You will need to be able to walk for 1-2 hours at an Easy to Medium-pace (on an even/uneven surface), get on and off coaches, trains and boats unassisted. Therefore, we ask that anyone wanting to travel with us carefully consider whether any PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS prevent you from fully enjoying our trips.
Embrace the nature of Group Travel: To get the most out of your tour, pack a positive attitude and an open mind. These are most certainly valuable when traveling in a group. Our tours are packed with adventure, new experiences, and feel-good moments. However, despite the very best intentions and planning, things can and do go wrong and occasionally we encounter problems beyond our control, such as adverse weather conditions, and unexpected delays caused by traffic jams. In such situations, we ask for your patience and we will endeavor to keep as close to our scheduled itinerary as possible.
Traveling with children: Due to the activity level of our group tours, all children require adult supervision. Some of our more active excursions may not be suitable for children under the age of 8.
If you have any questions, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org - or call: 416-897-3020